[GRLUG] Steve Wozniak on ToTN:SF

Collin Kidder adderd at kkmfg.com
Mon Oct 9 08:27:45 EDT 2006

Michael Mol wrote:
> I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Steve Wozniak made an
> appearance on the podcast of Talk of the Nation: Science Friday this
> past Friday.  For those who don't know, he developed the first
> personal computer, and is the major reason we use computers for
> day-to-day tasks.
>
> Anyway, here's the URL:
> http://media.libsyn.com/media/sciencefriday/scifri-2006092923.mp3

Umm... He developed the first 'MAC' personal computer. If you want to
credit him with popularizing the GUI then that's fine but there were
personal computers before the Woz. I'm sure we also would have been
using computers for day to day tasks without him. The computer
revolution was already happening he just helped put a GUI on it.