[GRLUG] RoR or TurboGears

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Thu Oct 5 08:58:43 EDT 2006

The reason I didn't look at RoR sooner is because of their april fools
joke some years back. Took a while before I took the project name
seriously after that. Was a good joke though. I'll just have to try both
lol.

I just haven't had much fun getting TurboGears going in Debian. I really
like being able to apt-get things. I put in the proper source's and I
run out of space updating (I don't have the error handy). I looked it up
and the fix to that doesn't seem to work. I'll dig that error up (easy
to get) and see if anyone has an idea on fixing it.

In picking on over the other, I'd have to look at python over ruby I
guess. Their systems are both probably good, but you'll need to know the
language good to really get it to do what you want in the end. I've been
living in php world (and perl/shell scripting) and figure there has to
be something cool to get into and have fun with and maybe even be
productive in.

Dave