[GRLUG] Linux @ school.

Jorge La weeneedhelp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 21:07:11 EDT 2006

Was anyone listening to NPR about 3 months ago? Because their was a report
about how the US's economy is going to fall in about 30 years. They said
that wealth lasts 3 generations, and the US gained today's wealth from WWII,
and that wealth's rolling down to the third generation right now.

It also pointed out how American's can't balance a checkbook, while the
Chiniese save 50% of what they make for future investments. The report
showed how HUNGRY China is for economic growth. They interviewed a
automotive line-worker in Shanghai how much she thinks her counterpart in
Detroit is getting paid. She guessed that the person in Detroit got paid
about double her salar, 12 bucks an hour. Then, she was shock to find out
they get paid 24 bucks! Then she kept on saying how dumb Americans are, and
how their company won't stay profitable if they pay their workers so much
(and she's right if u seen Ford's 2nd quarter earnings-or was it GM's?)

btw i heard in Stats class that 80% of children born today will be working
in industrys that is unheard of today. Maybe their is hope :)