[GRLUG] VCD .dat files

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 04:32:23 EDT 2006

Kyle Smith wrote:
> Is there a way to convert a .dat file that I've extracted from a VCD
> image into a regular mpeg file?

According to Linux Multimedia Hacks, there is a package called 'tovid'
that you can install that takes care of that.

It looks like it uses mplayer to reencode the video into the correct
format for a DVD.  I've used this software several times now to create
playable DVDs.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2006