[GRLUG] X11 Multi monitor question

zdennis zdennis at mktec.com
Mon May 29 20:04:55 EDT 2006

Hi Dave,

I run tri-monitor setup on two different setups, both with NVIDIA cards.
Each machine has a dualhead, and then there is a single head card
installed. I run TwinView on the dualhead, and then I turn Xinerama on
so I can get the extended desktop across the other the other monitor.

Why are you turning Xinerama off, do you want each monitor to actually
be it's own desktop environment, rather then utilizing an extended desktop?

Zach