[GRLUG] X11 Multi monitor question

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Mon May 29 18:56:20 EDT 2006

I've got all three monitors displaying independant desktops but I can't
move the mouse between them.

Part of the config was basically copied from working suse configs
(relevent details updated of course). I got the nvidia card working dual
head there but wanted to be running a Debian system so I scrapped that
install. Also the nvidia tool you can download recognises both displays
and shows the settings.

Here is the relevent portion of the config, I'll show the whole thing if
it will help, but the displays come up properly so I don't believe its
in the devices, screens, or monitor sections. I got the devices config
information from nvidia and that part worked on suse

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Option          "Clone" "off"
        Option          "Xinerama" "off"
        Screen          "screen[0]"
        Screen          "Screen[1]" leftOf "Screen[0]"
        Screen          "Screen[2]" rightOf "Screen[0]"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

for kicks here's the devices:

Section "Device"
  BoardName    "0x0322"
  BusID        "1:0:0"
  Driver       "nvidia"
  Identifier   "nvidia0"
  Screen       0
  VendorName   "NVidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
  BoardName    "0x0322"
  BusID        "1:0:0"
  Driver       "nvidia"
  Identifier   "nvidia1"
  Screen       1
  VendorName   "NVidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        BoardName    "MGA 2064W"
        BusID        "00:09:0"
        Driver       "mga"
        Identifier   "matrox"
        Option       "NoHal"
        VendorName   "Matrox"
EndSection

Any thoughts? I'm getting closer here! Its nice to see them all lit up
at least.

Thanks,
Dave