[GRLUG] meeting

Bill Littlejohn billl at mtd-inc.com
Sun May 28 14:03:37 EDT 2006

Yeah, I know MySQL can handle some big tasks, my statement was more
about manageability.
If your a small shop with one guy doing everything your gonna use what
is easy to implement and/or cheap.
With our DB needs mostly being met by Access 2003, the only need for a
DB server is to support eGroupware.
I think it's actually a pretty good statement about MySQL, that the
one-man-IT-dept. can use it and call it easy, and Wikipedia can use it
to handle 8.4Gb. The truth be told, I wouldn't shy away from MySQL if
our needs grow to require a business critical DB backend. I would
definetely make sure I had good support for it though, but that goes for
anything.
Bill