[GRLUG] distros, DE's, etc.

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Thu May 18 07:23:08 EDT 2006

> I've been checking out fvwm, and it looks way cooler in screen shots
> than it does when you synaptic it in ubuntu, if somebody knows how to
> pimp my window manager could they please inform me?

That's an interesting way to put it.  If attractiveness is what you're
shooting for, it changes the discussion of what window manager is "best".
I'd suggest going to http://themes.freshmeat.net/ and browse.  Find a
screenshot you like, and find out what window manager it's for.

I'm partial to enlightenment of course, and it was actually designed with
visual attractiveness as the emphasis, rather than ease of use, but you
can get some gorgeous stuff in most window managers.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"Usually people believe their motives and emotions are known to themselves
alone, yet few things remain concealed from an intelligent observer with
time to see, to consider, and to speculate."
 			-- Louis L'Amour, Guns of the Timberlands