[GRLUG] Xgl & Compiz

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Tue May 16 04:10:33 EDT 2006

So yeah...  installed Suse 10.1 on a system to play with, set up Xgl
and compiz, and although I don't like that they were developed in
private and dumped on the community, and it doesn't currently work
with Xinerama (so my 3200x1200 desktop is reduced by half), and it
needs a bit more polish in the form of a configuration utility...

DAMN IT'S SWEET!

You really have to play around with it in person to get an
appreciation for how nice some of the features are, and it just looks
amazing.  I might be addicted...  maybe...

--tim