[GRLUG] openSuSE 10.1 & Freespire Concept

Shawn McCuan metiosarius at linspirenetwork.com
Mon May 15 23:30:36 EDT 2006

Hey,

I was just wondering what you guys have thought of the recent Suse Linux
10.1 release (which I really like - I have been a long time SuSE user -
Yast is awesome...even though SuSE uses *cough*rpm*cough* instead of the
superior *deb package management system) (http://www.opensuse.org)

I am a little irritated that SuSE dropped support for RaLink WLAN cards
though...even though I have found a way to get it working by installing
the manufacturers drivers...They are supposed to be releasing an
"official" patch sometime in the future for this...

Also, what do you guys think about the Freespire project?
(http://www.freespire.org)

Thanks!

Shawn McCuan