[GRLUG] Ubuntu live and install issues

Bill Creswell billcreswell at gmail.com
Sun May 14 17:45:49 EDT 2006

I have an HP 600 PIII and a Compaq 500 Celery, and almost every distro that
does the graphics right on the one, either goes vga or black on the other.
More trouble of course with mini distros like anything knoppix based.

I don't file bugs - I am still finding my linux home. I am very comfortable
now in Ubuntu, but I really like something higher performance, like the SLAX
cd as a live install, with a gui slapt update.

I am not really good at the x config thing, so I tend to leave a distro if
it doesn't go 1024 by itself, or with a resolution change in the Gnome/KDE
menu.

www.billcreswell.com - family news, notes and writings
http://grComputerWorks.blogspot.com - web and computer related topics
http://www.grcomputerworks.com