[GRLUG] Distro's - GRLUG test comment, dead thread

Mike mikerm at gmail.com
Fri May 12 14:11:13 EDT 2006

I always appreciate it when people take the time to explain something
that would be considered elementary. For example, I was making some
perl scripts for my Matrix Orbital LCD Display, and I had never
touched Perl before. I do have some programming background, so it
wasn't completely alien to me. I used Google, and the people who asked
other similar questions that had actually gotten a real answer, and
that helped a lot. The people who got the "Use Google" answer didn't
really help, considering the fact that I used Google to get there (The
Google answer is one of my annoyances). Just remember, people always
appreciate a real answer, even if they dont express it out loud. I'm
still really new to Linux, and I definatly appreciate the people who
have helped me out with what I now consider elementary stuff.

Mike