[GRLUG] VC Tech Source

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Tue May 9 21:17:30 EDT 2006

I remember something about this.  A person could lose a $100
motherboard because of a 25-cent capacitor.

VC Tech Source is starting to get in Pentium 4 machines.
But the pricing system ends up making a 1.8 GHz machine
with a pentium 4 in it $171 dollars, which is way too much
for a junker.   And a pentium 4 is a dog in my opinion.  The
high clock rates suggest a crummy instruction set,  and the
chips are real power hogs.

At those prices,  better to buy a new low end Athlon based machine.

   -Bob