[GRLUG] Distro's - was GRLUG test comment

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu May 4 20:45:30 EDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Topher <topher at wcsg.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2006, Benjamin Flanders wrote:
>
> > Topher, how long ago was your vmware ordeal?  I don't remember this.
>
> A few weeks ago.  it took me forever to figure out the partitioner, it's
> very poorly labelled.  Once I got that squared away, everything was peachy
> until it got to the point where it wanted to install the kernel.  Then I
> got that nice red screen.  :(

Hey Topher...  I don't want to beat you up any more than I've already done ;)

Just wanted to mention that Ubuntu uses the Debian installer, mostly
unmodified (the partitioner is the same).

I find it very easy to use, but that's me.  A GUI it aint, but for
inexperienced users, it has very sensible defaults.

--tim