[GRLUG] Sudo

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Thu May 4 18:41:18 EDT 2006

Tim Schmidt wrote:

>> I'd agree that sudo is better 'when properly configured.' I'm not sure
>> Ubuntu fits that classification.
>>

> Ah.  The first bit of usefull dialog in this thread.  I would love to
> talk about configuring sudo in various ways for various systems and
> use-cases.  Should we start a new one?
>
> --tim

That would be useful and I'm all ears. I learned sudo the hard way
reading docs on it.

As far as mom installing software, most mom's don't want to and you'll
be ssh'ing in and doing it yourself.

what I firestorm I started complaining about ubuntu lol. I only hope we
learn sudo better out of all this.. My point in the first place was
about *preference* anyhow... I didn't like how something was handled.. I
still stand by my feelings there but I'm always game to learn something new.

Dave