[GRLUG] GRLUG test comment

Godwin geektoyz at gmail.com
Thu May 4 08:04:31 EDT 2006

SLAX is my live-cd of choice 'cause it's so light, but can be expanded
on the fly.  I ran Slackware on my box for years until a few months
ago when I switched to Ubuntu.  If I were a KDE-guy, I probably would
have switched to Slax.  I always liked Slackware's simplicity of
packages and, maybe it was my luck, but I could compile the heck out
of anything on that distro.

G-

On 5/3/06, Jordan Hudson <jodanlime at gmail.com> wrote:
> I love debian, but ubuntu gives me everything I like about debian without
> the clutter. I used suse for a while, but I found the same clutter as I
> found in debian. Mandriva was not for me at all, and xandros was like
> windows with a linux kernel (not good at all, stay away!). I like kanotix,
> but I want something more permanent. I'm thinking of trying slax or mepis
> (simply or otherwise), any thoughts on those 2 distros? I love distros!
>

> On 5/3/06, Raymond McLaughlin <driveray at ameritech.net> wrote:
> > zdennis wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations! I am sure you will have a long and successful
> relationship with fedora,
> > > although I prefer debby myself. ;)
> >
> > So did Ian, but then they forked, so I heard.
> >
> > > Zach

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/