[GRLUG] Lug at University of Chicago

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed May 3 10:46:26 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 07:00:22AM -0700, Dave Kedron wrote:

> Justin Denick <justin.denick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Must have 'J.O.B' > McDonalds installed
> Must have 'quiet-2.0' installed
> Must have 'the-ability-to-drive-me-home' installed
>
> Well buddy, you'll have a while to wait....  quiet-0.8_beta just hit CVS last night.

Actually, it was pulled from beta because of too many bugs.

I feel sorry for you guys, though.  I recommend you install Debian
GNU/Wife and properly maintain it.  You just need to occasionally surf
over to http://www.the-mall.com and then 'apt-get update wardrobe'.
Stable and secure.  The only problems I have ever had were due to
operator error.  Sometimes I give the wrong command and spend hours
trying to undo my mistake since with a good install such as I have the
system logs are emptied on a frequent basis so finding one's mistakes
becomes difficult.  With a good install.
--
john-thomas
------