[GRLUG] Lug at University of Chicago

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Tue May 2 11:07:50 EDT 2006

I have a friend down in the University of Chicago and her Windows
install is borked.  The Dell reps said that they might have to wipe
the hard drive.  She is worried about the data that she has on her
computer.  She needs to get that data off before she re installs.

My suggestion was to use Knoppix and copy the files to a usb key
before she wipes her windows, but she isn't "Tech Savvy", hence my
question of a lug at UoC.  Does anyone know of someone down there who
would be willing to help a college student out?

--
Share and Enjoy