[GRLUG] mobo wanted

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 16:33:24 EDT 2006

On 6/28/06, David Pembrook <david at pembrook.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have a spare motherboard with processor sitting on a shelf
> collecting dust that takes sdram? I've got a couple gig in 512 sticks
> (double sided pc133 sdram) I'd love to be able to use. The main criteria
> is the ability to handle 4 (or more) sticks of 512 sdram (at
> 66/100/133). I don't mind if its in a case but one is not needed.
> Contact me off list with the model and what you want for it.

That's a tough request...  by the time memory controllers could handle
high-density ram (pretty much all 512Mb sticks are HD), common
motherboards were only shipping with 2 slots.  You need to be looking
for something server-class from the SDRAM years in order to find a
board that can handle 4x 512Mb DIMMs.

That said, I'm sure there's a board somewhere...  they're just not too common.

I have a couple of pentium boards (i430TX based) that are really nice,
with Pentium 200 w/MMx, and they take up to 128Mb DIMMs ;)  Free to
anyone interested.

--tim