[GRLUG] let's plan an installfest

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 17:12:11 EDT 2006

On 6/26/06, zdennis <zdennis at mktec.com> wrote:

> I'm game

Cool.  You bring the router and flash drive and I'll bring the
screwdriver and USB<->3.3v Serial adapter.  Oh, and a cd-rom audio
cable makes for convienient access to the serial console after the
case is all closed up, so bring one along if you're interested.

I've got Etch running on one right now, tonight I work on getting a
Sarge filesystem built.  Once you've got a couple hundred MBs of
storage to work with, and all the faculties of a general purpose
distribution, these things make _really_ nice routers.  All the
benefits of building your own from an x86 box in a small power and
space-efficient fanless and noiseless form factor.  With built-in 4
port switch no less ;)

Anyway...  they're fun machines.

--tim