[GRLUG] mp3 encoding in Debian

Michael Greene michael.greene at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 09:21:23 EDT 2006

I've played with and coded for mp3act a bit and while it's nice and
very aesthetically pleasing, there are some glaring bugs and feature
requests that simply aren't going to be fixed because the lead
developer has abandoned the project.  It's a good program, you just
have to plan for no updates.  I never found a great replacement for
it, but I tried jinzora with some success.  Jinzora used too many
resources on my system but it was the easiest all-in-one approach to
use.