[GRLUG] meeting: June 21 & grlug.org

Eric Hartwell darth_linux at ameritech.net
Tue Jun 20 09:39:04 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 09:25, you wrote:
> Could you please explain in an email how the GRLUG works?

GRLUG is meant as tech support of Linux for the greater Grand Rapids area. In
the past, we've held install-fest, demo days, and the like. In the last
couple of years, that's dwindled down to a mailing list. (I'd like to see it
back to meetings and fests)

> What are the necessary responsibilities and who is currently assigned
> them?

We basically need a head, meeting scheduler, and a webmin.

I am the head, Godwin is the webmin, Ben was the meeting scheduler, but
(again) we've basically been just a mailing list for a couple of years.

> What is the process for assigning them?

"Who wants the job?.... hands?.... Ok I'll do it"

Ladies (should that be singular? :-) and gentlemen - I call you to action. We
must be the advocates in western Michigan to promote Linux. This means we
need to have a visible presence in the world. I think it would be good to
start with something simular we did all those years ago at Barns and Noble in
Rivertown. get out into public with Linux running on PC and Mac alike and
show them what free as in freedom is all about.

Power to the Penguin!

eah