[GRLUG] Access->MySQL with GUI

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Tue Jun 13 13:46:46 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 01:33:39PM -0400, Bill Littlejohn wrote:
> To clarify - I want to keep the Access GUI, although not necessarily in
> Access.
> i.e. I need forms, queries, reports, etc.
> I'm not a php guru and I would prefer not to do it web based in this case.
> That doesn't leave many options I think.
> With the exception of DBACentral I mentioned before, I have not found
> any other solutions for this.
> Of course I would prefer an open source solution.
[snip]

You may want to check out Rekall
(http://www.thekompany.com/projects/rekall/).  It is very similar to
Access with the main distinction being it does not have an internal
database; instead, Rekall relies on external databases.  I am not sure
if it will import an Access .mdb file, but it can certainly duplicate
the functionality.
--
john-thomas
------