[GRLUG] Access->MySQL with GUI

kyle victor computerguy.kyle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:21:23 EDT 2006

"Moving MS Access databases to MySQL server while keeping the GUI"?

Keep the Access GUI, or have a nice GUI for MySQL?

below is a GUI for MySQL i have used, and like very much

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php

On 6/13/06, Bill Littlejohn <billl at mtd-inc.com> wrote:
> Could someone give me a pointer for "Moving MS Access databases to MySQL server while keeping the GUI"? that's been brought up recently.
>
> I need to rebuild an Access DB for use by multiple sites concurrently and have it pull data from an Oracle DB.
> I don't want to use Access for a frontend if I can help it.
>
> Google shows lots of options. http://microolap.com/products/database/mydbacentral/ looks promising for commercial.
>
> A pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bill

Kyle Victor MCSA/MCSE/Linux +/RHCT

visit Kyle's website at:
http://computerguykyle.gotdns.com