[GRLUG] Creating your own LiveCD

Jeff DeFouw jeffd at i2k.com
Thu Jul 20 21:12:03 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 07:27:59PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> Has anyone here gone through the steps of creating their own Linux
> LiveCD?  My computer club would find such knowledge useful for
> creating their own tools CDs for use in their PC Clinic.

The two live CD's I've used come with information on how to customize
them.  If all of the software on the CD is open source, chances are the
CD is too.

Knoppix customization:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Customizing_FAQ

Timos Rescue CD:
http://rescuecd.sourceforge.net/

I built a Timos Rescue CD back in 2001.  It gives you a Debian
filesystem tree that you can easily install your own packages into using
Debian tools, and then you run some scripts to build the CD image.

I've never tried customizing Knoppix.

--
Jeff DeFouw <jeffd at i2k.com>