[GRLUG] ATI Mobility 9600, Render Acceleration / DRI, Need Assistance

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 14:25:23 EDT 2006

(WW) fglrx(0): Kernel Module version does *not* match driver.
(EE) fglrx(0): incompatible kernel module detected - HW accelerated
OpenGL will not work

There's the kicker.  I had the same problem under Debian with a Radeon
9600 Pro. (Not Mobility)

IIRC, both NVIDIA and ATI's install scripts compile glue code to paste
their binary driver into whatever kernel you're running.  If you're
getting this error, there's a chance that the kernel headers ATI's
install script is referencing don't match the kernel you're running.

Make sure your kernel-image and kernel-headers packages are the same version.