[GRLUG] rhce

Matthew Whitaker matthew.whitaker at haworth.com
Thu Jul 20 11:57:55 EDT 2006

I have to agree with both Szymon and Ben - I would recommend taking the
accelerated course if your company will spring for it - it is a
fantastic class which provides quite a lot of hands on time working with
the OS.  But I would also recommend doing everything you can to prepare
for the course.  I worked through a book called Red Hat Certified
Engineer Linux Study Guide by Michael Jang.  It is written for RHCE for
RHEL3 which is somewhat out of date at this point, but the items it
covers are still very relevant and the included excercises are good.

I took the class and the test in March and I could definately tell those
who had prepared for the class from those who had not.  Several students
were left in the dust by the speed of the class.  If you are an
experienced linux admin and use/administer linux (especially RedHat) on
a daily basis you might not need the preparation - but it sure helped me
out.

Matt Whitaker
Unix Admin
Red Hat Certified Engineer