[GRLUG] GRLUG meetings

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 21:28:07 EDT 2006

Why don't you,  as nominal head of GRLUG,  declare
when and where the meeting will be,  and just see what
happens?  If someone brings the latest DVDs of Debian
and Mandriva,  I'd sure like copies.  And will bring some
blanks.

I'd also like to see how wireless gets set up on Linux.
I know about wrappers and native drivers,  but read that
setting up wireless is unfortunately one of the more
difficult things to do with Linux.  I'd like to set it up on
a desktop running Debian or  Kubuntu,  and have a
USB based Linksys wireless module I could bring.

And Samba.   I've set it up a number of times,  but it seems
that there are always snags from distribution to distribution.
So if someone in the group is really good at it,  I'd like to
see how they do it in general - i.e.,  are there ways that are
distribution independent.

I'd also like to install the latest version of Debian on a fresh
hard drive.

Another issue. I load Linux,  and then later move the hard
drive to another machine with another set of hardware..  How
best to get all the new hardware set up.

Or,  why I'm interested in a meeting.  For those who think all
these things are easy,  here's you chance to do a little charity
work.....

For the person who seemed to want the 800 MHz MB,
processor,  and case that I have,  I could bring that to a meeting.

   -Bob