[GRLUG] Community WiFi

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 21:23:26 EDT 2006

Welp, just put out one of my WGT634Us on the corner of Alpine and
Leonard, just a stock antenna to play around a bit.  It should be able
to hit Alpine a few blocks north and south, and Leonard a few blocks
west.

I'm definately interested in federating a few permanent or
semi-permanent APs / routers together, if only for convienent GRLUG
lan gaming ;)

Seriously though, something that could serve up local content, allow
people to get together to play games faster than their internet
connection, or share internet access via VPN.

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm experimenting over
here in the NW corner.  Anyone close enough to care?

--tim