[GRLUG] linux meetup

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Sun Jul 2 15:13:47 EDT 2006

Just getting a desktop system setup right can be a pain depending on the
hardware your using regardless your profession. I'm happy to be typing
this on a fresh Debian setup running dual monitors (I'm not trying 3 yet
but I was running that easily with XP).

I don't have sound working and after getting the video right and a
reboot I no longer can get to Enlightenment but have KDE back.  Back to
google lol.. I'm getting pretty good editing x11 config files by hand
though. There is a lot to learn and any day I don't learn something new
I feel is a wasted day so this is good.

I sure don't have time for this when I need to get work done though so
on Monday will I have my other machine plugged in running XP? Maybe
not... I at least have both monitors.

Is anyone on the list using Enlightenment and Debian? Its fast, clean
and worth a look if you haven't.

Dave