[GRLUG] Client/Server Database app question

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Wed Jan 18 15:37:27 EST 2006

> Questions:
>
> What would be a good language to write this [database app] in? Perl?
>
> Is a "perfectly formatted document" printout doable from a web browser?

If you go web based, I like doing things like that in php.  If you go with
a relatively open database like SQL(expensive), MySQL, or PostgreSQL (both
free), it doesn't prohibit you from writing different front ends (like
windows and cocoa) in addition to a web interface.

Getting your data in a quality database with hooks for many languages is a
different kind of step from deciding what language/interface to use to
control that data.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"Seems to me a man has trouble enough in this world without borrowing more
with careless words."
                         -- Louis L'Amour, Mojave Crossing