[GRLUG] NVidia binaries

Chris Lamrock clamrock at nmtdie.com
Tue Jan 3 11:24:12 EST 2006

Hey Zach,

I had tons of problems with the Nvidia drivers and the 2.6x Kernel.  Ubuntu
locked up occasionally and I couldn't run my laptop for more than 1/2 hour
before it would lock hard.

Sooo I installed Debian - it ran fine on the 2.4x kernel - when I upgraded
to 2.6x - the locks came back.  I did a bunch of googling (2or days) and
finally pieced together  some compile options I had to set to get the
2.6.11.x kernel working with Nvidia - which it does now.

I'm not sure if this is a similar problem or not - but it sure was annoying.
Nvidia has a pretty good tech forum that has quite a bit of info on linux
and the Nvidia driver...
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

Good Luck!