[GRLUG] wep in linux

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:08:16 EST 2006

Heh...  I happen to have a friend that went to cornerstone and ran
Windows...  he got his laptop on a weekend and to get internet access
needed the key...  he managed to crack it in a matter of minutes.

The wikipedia article has all the nescessary links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEP

May I suggest simply showing the students how to crack the WEP from
linux for themselves?  It is certainly a worthy exercise in the name
of interoperability _and_ network security.  I think it would be quite
instructive.

--tim