[GRLUG] ubuntu/kubuntu boot issues

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Thu Feb 16 12:49:10 EST 2006

Topher, the partitioner acts as you tell it to.  Are they doing the
autopartitioning, or are they doing it themselves?

I've never had a ubuntu install fail, and I'm currently workstationing
on a laptop (PIII 450!) that I manually partitioned. Here's what it
looks like:

5.25G:  /  bootable, reiserfs,
768M : swap

That's it.  Perhaps those people set up their partitions wrong? If you
don't set the partition to 'bootable', your system won't boot.  I don't
consider the ubuntu setup program to be idiot proof (well, I haven't
used the breezy install disks - I have a local mirror, so I just upgrade
from hoary over the network) but it should be fairly easy...

Adam