[GRLUG] multiple things

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 19:37:00 EST 2006

Amen.  There's http://www.google.com/linux

But in the end,  perhaps the best way is to
simply try to duplicate someone's working
implementation of something while the
getting's good.  The necessary hardware,
drivers,  version of the OS,  etc.

In 30 years,  no one has learned much from
Burt Lance's dictum "if it ain't broke,  don't fix
it."  So every new set of software might well
come with as many new problems as fixes.

The best thing the group might be able to do
is to freeze the environment for a working
implementation of some project.  e.g.,  Ron's
working Myth setup.  There's usually a lot of
work that goes in to a solution,  and a lot of it
can be lost when new versions of the software
come along.

    -Bob