[GRLUG] Mandriva Linux 2007 on a USB flash drive

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 08:02:24 EST 2006

Bill Littlejohn wrote:
> Ok. Fair response.
> I was, I'm sure you know, referring to the fact that you can't
> download the Mandriva 2007 flash version advertised below and install
> to your own USB key.
> You can only buy it on their stick.

Actually that's not true.  You can download all the necessary files to
create your own "USB flash drive distro" from Mandriva.

What Mandriva doesn't let you do is download the work that they do for free.

For $70, you get a USB key - outpost.com has one for $45.
Then for $25 Mandriva does the work for you to create a compact distro
that fits on less than 1GB and does what most people need.

For me, the time to create a compact distro on my own would exceed $25
in value.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2007