[GRLUG] Meeting tonight

Al Tobey tobert at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 22:34:44 EST 2006

On 12/4/06, Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I couldn't make it.  I tried, honestly I did, but it took 45
> minutes to go from the south side of 28th to Calvin college and that
> is where I turned around.  There must have been an accident.
> I am interested in the database topic, are there slides that can be put online?

That's it.   You're out.

But really, neither Syzmon or I did any powerpoint or anything.    I
talked in boring detail about AD Kerberos and Linux authentication in
general.   Syzmon talked about OO.org dBase and RDBMS's.    He covered
how you can get started with SQL and databases using a desktop
database tool like dBase or Access then progressed into how to choose
a DB server like MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle.

If you have any specific questions, I'm sure one of us on the list can
answer.   By the way, the O'Reilly SQL Cookbook is one of their best
new books in years.   If you're doing any amount of SQL work, buy it.
  It covers all the major RDBMS's and manages to cover every major
feature of each, acting as a kind of rosetta stone.   People at work
are tired of hearing me rave about how good it is - it's that good.

http://www.amazon.com/Cookbook-Cookbooks-OReilly-Anthony-Molinaro/dp/0596009763/sr=8-1/qid=1165289643/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-6824677-0812617?ie=UTF8&s=books

See you next time.

-Al Tobey