[GRLUG] Cheap laser printer

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 01:35:10 EDT 2006

On 8/12/06, Jordan Hudson <jodanlime at gmail.com> wrote:
> I work at staples and although this is one of brothers best models, it is not that awesome as far as lasers go. I would definently go with a samsung over this, because of the 2 part toner system in the brother.

Interesting considering the ML-2010 (the model you mentioned) doesn't
even have an entry at linuxprinting.org.  I've had experience with
Samsung's idea of a linux driver (Model SCX-4100) and I really don't
appreciate that kind of support.  The brother models all support PCL
or have a completely free driver (hl1250).  As for 2 part toner, if
you plan on refilling yourself, it greatly simplifies things and lends
a bit more reliability to the process (you're just refilling a dumb
toner container).

I dont work at Staples...  just my 2 cents after having done actual
work with these printers.

--tim