[GRLUG] An ISP question

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:43:06 EDT 2006

On 8/11/06, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes,  multiple data streams.
>
> I'm not quite sure what Comcast's game
> would be if it is capping data rates.  I have
> a personal account,  and while it's still
> possible for there to be multiple users,
> I'm not sure why Comcast would fold that
> in to its package.

Have you called their tech support lately?  Makes me want to get a
speakerphone.  I'm sure they do anything they can to reduce their call
volume.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they capped individual TCP
streams to keep people with routers with bad QoS rules from adding to
their tech support queue length.  In my experience, the average
computer user blames the service providor for problems without looking
for a cause closer to home.

Erm...Not that I'm accusing you of that. :)