[GRLUG] An ISP question

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 14:33:20 EDT 2006

Yes,  multiple data streams.

I'm not quite sure what Comcast's game
would be if it is capping data rates.  I have
a personal account,  and while it's still
possible for there to be multiple users,
I'm not sure why Comcast would fold that
in to its package.

In a way,  that's then fraud. I buy an 8Mbps
down service,  and Comcast caps it at,
say,  6Mbps per stream.  Seems to me
that is for all practical purposes a 6Mbps
service.  If this is what is going on,  I fail
to see what legitimate reason Comcast
would have for doing this.

Has anyone else out there attempted to
measure the performance of their Comcast
service?

     -Bob