[GRLUG] core 5 iso image?

Jonathan Beasley dev.jon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 23:35:56 EDT 2006

On 4/29/06, Tim Schmidt <timschmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've only ever had problems downloading large files through browsers
> (for example, firefox).  In cases where an ISO has failed to download
> completely via firefox, wget always gets the job done.  So I've fallen
> into the habit of simply downloading everything over a meg or two with
> wget and couldn't be happier.  I tend to fire up bittorrent to support
> others with slower connections, but invariably, if I start bittorrent
> and wget at the same time wget finnishes first.

I heartily agree with you regarding wget. It is fast, simple, and has
myriad options, including one of my favorites:
    wget --continue

I do use bittorrent, too, and have been mostly satisfied with the results.

Jonathan Beasley
Network Manager
Cornerstone University
-------
-Don't anthropomorphize computers. They hate that.