[GRLUG] Announcing the Michigan Open Source Group (MOSG.org).

Robert G. Brown bob at whizdomsoft.com
Wed Apr 26 17:10:52 EDT 2006

It is good to see yet another group in our area devoted to OSS and the
free exchange of ideas. Clearly everyone can benefit from more variety
and diversity as we seek better ways to develop the talents and skills
in the area.

It will be interesting to note the progress of this new group, made up
of members recently departed from the LUG in Kalamazoo. Apparently they
will use their new-found autonomy to enrich the community in ways that
were not possible within the KLUG framework, although one is left to
wonder what they did not do in the two years they contolled that group
that they will be better able to do in MOSG.

Time will tell, I suppose. Perhaps the two groups will eveolve with
different goals, and all of our groups can work together as the Open
Source community continues to grow.

						Best Regards,