[GRLUG] KDE question (google maps)

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Wed Apr 19 20:29:53 EDT 2006

> I am running firefox 1.5.0.2 on Fedora Core 4.  So... does google maps
> work on your firefox in linux then?

Yes, it's always worked wonderfully.

> (BTW, I also tried disabling adblock, and I also have Noscript enabled
> for google, other than that, I don't know of any other extensions that
> might stop googlemaps from working).

Here are some things to try:

In a terminal window, start up firefox with this:
firefox -ProfileManager

and create a new profile.  The new one won't have any extensions at all.
See if maps works with that.  If it does, then I'd guess it's one of your
extensions.

Another thing you can try is opening up the Javascript Console (under the
Tools menu) and seeing what errors come out of the google page.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"To scoff is...easy, but to go on in the way of scoffing and do what is right
is the way of a man."
                         -- Louis L'Amour, The Lonesome Gods