[GRLUG] KDE question (shortcuts)

Dave Kedron protecterofmagic at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 11:57:47 EDT 2006

Hey group,

Well hopefully this should be an easy question for the linux experts out there :).

Firstly I'd like to say that I'm strongly trying to switch to linux permantenly at home.  I was running linux straght for a whole week, and then I had to reboot into windows because Google Maps wouldn't load on Firefox in linux (yet it works in firefox on windows).

Anyway, my question is actually about KDE & Firefox.  In KDE I have mapped Ctrl-R to bring up the Run dialog box (so just like windows).  Which is nice... However, in Windows, I can do a CTRL-R to bring up Run, but if I'm in a Browser or some other app that is responsive to Ctrl-R, it will use the app instead (like Firefox Refreshes the page).  I do not know how many times I have tried to refresh firefox by ctrl-r only to bring up the Run dialog box.

So my question:  Does anyone know of a way how I can do both ctrl-r to bring up a run dialog box, and also have it refresh firefox if that has focus?

Thanks for your time.
-Dave Kedron