[GRLUG] hosts.allow/deny

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Thu Apr 13 15:49:27 EDT 2006

I hate ftp, so I never run any daemons on my box.  I have one app that can
only export to the web via ftp however, so I'm thinking of putting an ftpd
on one of my boxes.  I on;y want to allow connections from that one box
however.

A friend mentioned that I should look into just setting up hosts.allow and
.deny properly, so I'm going to head down that path.

I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has these kind of rules already
set up though, or if there are better suggestions.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"...I'm a man of a curious mind. I read. I also listen and when interested,
I inquire. When a man is dedicated to the search for knowledge, he may
follow his quest down many strange paths."
                         -- Louis L'Amour