[GRLUG] Penguicon

Tue Nov 29 16:38:47 EST 2005

GRLUG general mailing list wrote:

>Could anyone advise me on the level of technical benefit to the Penguicon conference?
>
>I've never been to one and I'm wondering if majority is game/fantasy related versus open source practical issues.

It's split pretty evenly between Anime/gaming/Linux.  I've gone the last
couple years (and have my room reserved for next year) and I've really
enjoyed it.

The level of technical stuff will vary depending on the panel.  Some can
get pretty indepth, others are for beginners.  Last year, it seemed that
most panels were for beginners (like how to set up a MythTV system,
basic Perl).

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2005LE