[GRLUG] Suse10 - was Base to squadron...

Tue Nov 29 14:44:44 EST 2005

I am running SuSE 9.1 with a number of packages from 9.2, 9.3, and a number of
things I compiled myself.  I have no idea how to upgrade to SuSE 10, apart
from buying the cd, which I am not going to do, because I intend to switch to
Ubuntu.  SuSE was good for learning, but now that I am comfortable in a posix
OS, I do not like the rpm system.  For a long time I was stuck with SuSE
because I had a Connexant modem that made every kernel upgrade a hassle.  Then
one fortunate and stormy day, the Connexant got fried.  I replaced it with an
external US Robotics.

-John J Foerch