[GRLUG] 2nd Audio Card Not Recognized.

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 05:42:05 EST 2005

Bill Creswell wrote:

> Someone on the list recommended PCLinuxOS, and so I tried it, and I
> like it. Installed easily, Flash and Realplayer were good to go....I
> can even listen to online radio by WCSG and WayFM.
> Well sort of. I have two sound cards - on board ESS that does not
> work, and a soundblaster card. The OS recognized the ESS card, but not
> the other card.
>
> Any ideas how to  get the working card recognized?

Perhaps the system won't allow 2 working cards.  Have you disabled the
onboard card in the BIOS?

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2005LE