[GRLUG] Short Knoppix guide

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 16:49:40 EST 2005

Thank You,
I checked those out and they were good for me, but I was planning on
making a bunch of CD's for my non-geek relatives, and those texts had
too much of the "geek speak" going on.

I was looking for a simple.  "Stick the CD in, reboot. Don't worry
about messing your computer ..." type of thing. explaining in lay
men's terms what was going to happen, and why they don't have to worry
about messing up the delicate balance of their 200 item start menu, or
placement of icons in the desktop.

I didn't actually do it this year.  Couldn't find the perfect document
and I didn't feel like fielding all the questions that would arise (My
dad handed out DVD picture slide show he made of old family pictures
we inherited from my grand mother and had at least an hours worth of
explaining to do, ""Just stick it in the DVD player?", "DVD, I think I
have one of those at home?" "Do I hit play?" ...)

One of these years I will go ahead and do it. Social life for the rest
of the night be damned.

Anyway i hope you all have had a great Christmas and will have a great new year.
Ben

On 12/23/05, Raymond McLaughlin <driveray at ameritech.net> wrote:
> Benjamin Flanders wrote:
> > Is there a good, short (~2-3 pages) guide for Knoppix describing what
> > it is, how to use it, etc ... For the true Linux newbie?
> > --
> > Share and Enjoy
>
> Most mirrors that have the isos also have a cheatcodes.txt, and a Knoppix faq,
> which together nearly fit your description.

Share and Enjoy