[GRLUG] Linksys router security setup

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 06:10:59 EST 2005

I have a Linksys wireless router, and have ( I believe ) set up the security
settings.

The question is this:  I press the "Cisco Systems" button on the left side
of the
front panel,  and it blinks with a white light for about 2 minutes.  Is this
the stage
at which one is supposed to turn on the wireless device on a client PC?   Or
does
the flickering white light mean that the router is looking for another
client device?

I'm finding the Linksys documentation clear as mud.  Everything works out of
the
box as long as you're willing to take the no-encryption default,  but the
instructions
for setting up security are no help at all.

      -Bob